Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 5

I walked with Vince and Alisa today. We went back to King's Cross Baptist Church where we helped Pete, the student minister, to give out coffee, tea, and cookies to the students of SOAS (School of Oriental and African Studies) as they walked to and from class. It was a great way to meet and have conversations with students. We stayed until about 12:15 then walked to Lumen for lunch.
While we were eating, Kuan walked by and recognized me. He stopped and talked with us for a bit then said he would let us enjoy our lunch. I asked if he was going to be there for awhile and he said yes and that we could chat after lunch.

Since mine and Kuan's conversation on Tuesday as well as the fact we ran into him again in the station, I felt it necessary to have something of significance to give him that could help him understand God and His amazing grace. So what more to offer him than a Bible. As we were leaving Lumen, I offered Kuan a Bible (one we had bought Kerstin since she had given hers away on Sunday to a homeless man-thanks Kerstin for being obedient to God). He hesitated to take it because he thought it was so nice, but I insisted. He finally accepted and told me he would send me a book one day to read.

Now it is in God's hands, well actually, it's been in His hands since the beginning. I just know that every day I will say a prayer for Kuan, asking that his heart will be open to reading the Bible, grasping it's truth, and accepting Jesus as his Lord and Savior. I will probably never see Kuan again on this earth, but I hope with all my heart that I will see him in Heaven!

After we finished our prayer walking for the day, we headed back to the hotel and debriefed with the group. We discussed the conversations and experiences each of us had today. The overwhelming realization that has hit us all this week is that God is at work in London and the prayers are definitely making an impact. And like we continue to say, "It's not about us, it's about Him."

After debriefing, we headed back out to enjoy dinner at Brunswick Mall. We ate at Gourmet Burger Kitchen, which is similar to Flip Burger. It seemed at dinner that our minds continued to be on God's sovereignty and His powerful Word. We all realize the significance of being readers and doers of the Bible.

Well I will end with that. I hope you will read God's living Word today, even if just a verse, and dwell on it's meaning. Let it impact your life.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:London

No comments:

Post a Comment