Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wednesday, stories

Dear Blog Readers/Prayer Warriors,

Today we did more prayer walking and spoke to different people about the Gospel. I met two men today that I want to tell you about. The first was a British man from Kent (which is the countryside). The name's man was Richard, and he was in Camden working. He commutes about an hour every day by train. I met Richard in a park by a church, so I asked him about the church. He said that while he had been sitting in the park for over two months now at lunchtime everyday, he had never even really noticed that there was a church there. He told me he wasn't religious and if he had to pick a religion, he would be Buddhist. He said he believed in people's goodness and that's what we should concentrate on in this life. When I asked about his life in Kent, he told me about his garden, which he was having a hard time cultivating because of the different types of soils he had available. I thought this was God's perfect way of letting me transition into the Four Soils story, so I told it to him. Richard immediately reiterated that he wasn't religious and didn't believe Christ really existed. I asked what soil he thought he was and he said the first one, where Satan snatches the Word from people without them being able to understand it. That broke my heart for him that he hasn't been exposed to the Word of God yet, and I pray that maybe my words fell on some more fertile soil than had once been there.

The second person we met was named Ozzy. Ozzy was from Camden, although his parents were from Turkey, and had lived in Camden all of his life. We met him in restaurant where he says he comes three or four times a week to eat. He seemed very lonely so I invited him to sit with us. We had a two hour conversation with Ozzy about a lot of different things. He told us that he wasn't religious but that he believed in a higher power. He said he thought all the world's religions were the same so it didn't matter if we picked one or another. He said he thought we were all going to the same place when we died, except for people who did really bad things, although he didn't really know where they went. Ozzy started talking about how he felt most of the world was motivated by greed so I told him the story of the Prodigal Son, where one son takes his inheritance and in his greed, blows his inheritance on the things of this world until he has nothing left. Then, of course, the son returns to his father humbled and his father accepts him back. I told Ozzy that this was how Christ was, that he would accept those who humbled themselves to Him no matter how great their greeds or sins were. Ozzy seemed very interested in that concept. During that time of interest, I told him my testimony and that I was forgiven for my great sins. I also tried to tell him about the Creation to Christ story, although he stopped me at the point where Jesus was crucified and rose again, because he said he didn't think that had actually happened. We also discussed the true meaning of Christmas, which he said he only celebrated for the presents. We left the conversation saying that we would speak to each other through email again, so I hope to continue to speak to him about Christ. I hope that the seeds were planted in his jumbled mind and that God may give him the peace to sort out the real Truth.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Gower Street,Camden Town,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment