Thursday, March 28, 2013

As I'm finally settling down after a long and tiring day in London, I realize how amazing the work is that God is doing here. Each day we have been reminded of God's perfect timing, His faithfulness in answering prayers, and the incredibly intricate way He plans each moment. For me personally, today I was taught the importance of building relationships with people.

After beginning a conversation with a group of three teenage girls (not entirely confidently), I found myself in a two hour conversation with, who would have thought, a group of their friends who I had happened to meet the day before. There is no way this encounter was not ordained by God himself. In a city of millions, the chance of a second encounter with a person is close to zero. Yet, here I was with people I had seen the day before and gotten to know. As the conversation progressed I began to bridge the conversation to more serious talk of their concepts of God. While our conversation didn't end in my friends accepting Christ, I was able to tell them my beliefs. I learned about Laurent, about Oli, about Sammia, Ardita, Mostafa, as more than just faces, but people with life stories. I learned that the first step in sharing the Gospel is beginning relationships. I was able to show these teenagers that Christians are more than the church, more than people who judge others and condemn them of their sins. I told them I was a Christ follower and then loved them for who they are.

In short, God is working in London. His ways are often unexpected, but always for our good and His glory. Continue to pray for the team's safety, a boldness in sharing God's word, and our new friends made!

Here are some pics of our day.
















- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Wednesday

1 comment:

  1. We are so excited to read about what God is accomplishing through you all. What an honor it is to continue to lift you all in prayer!
    Soli Deo Gloria!

    ReplyDelete